Multiply Your Plants - Root Plant Cuttings in Water

 An easy way to propogate new plants is to root them in water.
It's an easy way to get more plants FREE.
There are many plants that you can root or grow in water. Here I have some geraniums, salvia, baby tears, and rubia rooting in a large vase filled with pebbles to hold the stems in. I removed the lower leaves to keep them from rotting in the water. I filled it with water, and will change the water daily. I'll give them indirect light. In about 2 weeks, I'll have some nice roots and then I'll transplant them to their own pots or into the ground.
Here's a list of some of the easiest plants to root in water:

African violet (Saintpaulia)
BegoniaCissus (Grape Ivy)
ColeusCordyline terminalis (Ti Plant)
Ficus pumila (Creeping Fig)
Hedera (English Ivy)
Helxine (Baby's Tears)
Impatiens
Philodendron oxycardium (Heart Leaf)
Philodendron pandureaform (Fiddle Leaf)
Plectranthus (Swedish Ivy)
Scindapsus (Pothos)
Tradescantia (Wandering Jew)
Zygocactus (Christmas Cactus)
ALL geraniums
Spider Plants
Salvia Plants
Impatiens
This is a thrifty and fun way to get more plants - FREE!

Popular Posts