Try this unique tie-dye technique for a bright, beautiful T-shirt from Family Fun. For complete tie-dyeing instructions, check out
- 100-percent-cotton T-shirt
- Rubber bands
- Buckets or dish tubs (4-quart minimum)
- 2 or more colors of fabric dye
- Salt (1 cup per dye bath)
- Rubber bands and marbles and/or coins
- Spray bottles and plastic squeeze bottles
- Sealable plastic bags
- Latex gloves
- Tie It
Place the shirt on top of a marble or coin, pinch it through the shirt layers, and twist. Secure it in place with a rubber band. Repeat this process all around the shirt with several more marbles--the more you use and the tighter you twist them, the more interesting your patterns will be.
- Dye It
Fill the bottles with the individually prepared dye baths and thoroughly spray your T-shirt. Hold the bottle close for more concentrated colors and farther away for more subtle coloring.
- Tie It